The deadline of Commonwealth 2010 Games is coming near but the arrangements are still long back behind completion schedule, number of hotels are not enough nor the stadiums are complete even after pushing more and more extra funds and manpower. Beautification of City do not seems possible. Cleaning of River Yamuna despite orders of Supreme Court and spending of hundred crores of public money is not upto the mark. Arrangement of volunteers, who will support and guide visitors, officials, players, etc. during games. Overall improvement /awareness to change attitude of Delhities for games.
Also security and traffic arrangements during the games is a biggest challenge for the Government. Some of the alternatives in mind of administration agencies which not seems to be feasible are :
- Paying Guest accommodation for visitors at Residential places
- Even and Odd Number vehicles will remain off the roads turn wise
- Holiday/Off on particular days in government / big private corporate offices area wise during games on the basis of games schedule
- Training to students/engagement of NGO's etc.
- English speaking course for employees of transport department like DTC
- Course/Tips/Motivational material for government employees to not ask for bribe during games period from any foreigners and deal with them politely while maintaining Rules
- Air security through helicopters and may be engagement of army/paramilitary personals at last movement
In last I wish Best of luck to my country to successfully host games.