Image via Wikipedia
Five players and assistant coach of Sri Lankan team injured while 8 others died. As per reports following players injured
- Mahela Jayawardena - minor cut in ankle
- Kumar Sangakkara - cut in shoulder, minor injury
- Ajantha Mendis - minor injury wound on back
- Tharanga Paranavithana - injury in chest, sent to hospital
- Thilan Samaraweera - injury in leg , taken to hospital
- Paul Farbrace (assistant coach) - minor injury in arm
The driver of the bus has really acted fast & intelligently by moving away from the place and taken it to the stadium. Bus received attack from all sides.The team is very lucky as rocket launcher and hand grenades missed the target(bus). Two car bombs also defused by security personals on site after the attack.
The attack re-drawn the picture of Mumbai terror attacks in whole world mind.
After the attack Sri Lankan team has been air-lifted and gone back in special plane to Sri Lanka.
Before the series India refused to send its team to Pakistan in view of Mumbai terror attack and threat to security of its players and team members.
Some suspected peoples have been arrested by Police for the attack.