Low voting in 3rd phase of general election 2009 is the cause of concern for all politicians, election commission, NGO and every concerned person. Various reasons are behind the same, some of them are as follows :-
- Peoples don't want to vote for corrupt/criminals
- Heat Wave (Rising temperature) and dusty warm air waves
- Many of us think it is not important and doesn't matter if my one vote is not cast (Every vote is important)
- Names shifted to some other places due to changes in electoral list and voter is unable to find where to vote?
- Tactics (paying money, distributing alcohol, etc) by Political parties to stop particular type of voters from casting vote when they are sure that these vote will goes to their opponent
- Boycott Call by naxalists/maoist/terrorist groups
- voters are too much busy with his/her own life
I think timing of vote must be increased because during the day timing between 12:00 PM to 3:00 PM peoples do not prefers to go out of home because of too much heat and warm waves of air which affects health so voting process can be started from 7.00 a.m morning and may goes up to 7.30 in evening.
Also all the polling booths must have arrangement of drinking water, fans, proper lighting system and separate toilets for ladies and gents must be their.